Our team is rapidly expanding and we are on the lookout for talented individuals who, like us, are willing to commit to the future of low cost space utilization and infrastructure development. Our development facility is located in Union City, New Jersey, a 15 minute drive from Manhattan and in the heart of the NY Metropolit.
We currently have a few positions open. Full-time, part time, and intern applications are welcome. Contact us for more details, and if you don't see a position that fits you, apply anyway and let us know what you do!
Aerospace Avionics, Control, and System Safety Engineer, Union City, NJ
Electronics engineer, Union City, NJ
Aerospace Avionics, Control, and System Safety Engineer
Position Summary: Aphelion is seeking an avionics and systems engineer. You will be working on the design and analysis of the Helios avionics system as well as the development of new spacecraft components and Cubesat products.
- Lead development of the Helios avionics system by reporting directing to the Chief Engineer, as well as identify requirements and drive timelines
- Design, integrate, test, and test subsystems for launch and spacecraft avionics
- Validate designs through simulations and hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Perform analysis to ensure compliance with relevant FAA launch safety requirements (14 CFR Part 431)
- Familiarity with fault tree analysis, failure mode analysis, and hazard identification
- Experience with embedded systems, avionics design, and component-level electronics engineering
- Working knowledge of aerodynamics, propulsion systems, and mechanical engineering
- Ability to work in a tight-knit team and take responsibility for your own area
- Highly driven and committed to a fast-paced startup environment
Electronics/Embedded System Engineer
Position Summary: Aphelion is looking for a full time or part time electronics/embedded system engineer. You will be working on spacecraft components and launch vehicle avionics in our New Jersey facility, located a stone’s throw away from Manhattan.
Strong understanding of electronics engineering
Circuit and PCB design experience in complex systems
Working knowledge of C/C++
Passion for space exploration and genuine interest in our mission!
Experience with Altium Designer or KiCAD and mechanical CAD programs
Experience working with ARM-based microcontrollers, FPGAs, and redundant, critical systems
Great communication skills and ability to work independently
Test and Instrumentation Engineering Intern
Position Summary: Aphelion is looking for a part-time test and instrumentation technician or paid intern. You will be working on the control systems, software, and hardware for rocket propulsion and launch vehicle test equipment.
- Strong understanding of fluid and aerospace propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of LabView
- Experience working with sensors, transducers, test equipment
- Passion for space exploration and genuine interest in our mission!
- Experience using CAD tools such as Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with Matlab and Python
- Strong hands-on experience with building and testing hardware
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.