An orbital launch vehicle FOr less than a million.
- Standard 6U Cubesat deployer
- Spacecraft can be powered on throughout the mission. Data and power are provided through pins located on the bottom of the deployment mechanism.
- Special nanosatellites can be accommodated with a modified payload adapter
Helios offers full integration with our Cassiopeia line of modular Cubesat components and software products. We provide consultation, engineering, and launch services to offer turnkey space access solutions even to companies with no prior experience in the space industry.
Multiple vehicles are kept in stock to minimize turnaround. By building small, we can expect a much higher launch rate than existing vehicles. The standardized deployer allows hop-on, ticket like manifestation, and streamlined vehicle operations allow us to launch multiple times per week if necessary.
reusability + volume production
After launch and separation from the upper stage(s), the first stage is recovered for re-use. The first and second stage components can be produced in large quantities, taking advantage of manufacturing economy of scale. The use of both COTS industrial equipment and innovative production techniques allow us to keep costs low while maximizing system reliability and reproducibility.
High mass fraction, spin stabilized carbon overwrapped solid rocket motor
- Tank and engine design evolved from the Trailblazer sounding rocket
- Proprietary high density nontoxic hypergolic propellant
- Electromechanical thrust vector control
Pressure feed system
Efficient warm-gas system with composite overwrapped tanks allow much lower vehicle complexity while maintaining performance.
Controller and telemetry system are based on Aphelion’s previous work in guidance and control units, providing proven reliability.
- 30kN hypergolic aerospike engine with thrust vector control
- Extensive use of composite materials enable high mass fraction
Helios offers dedicated flight opportunities to CubeSat class spacecraft which have growing requirements for mission flexibility as their capabilities and mission scope increase.
- Our extremely fast turnover rate and low cost is enable by mass produced components and a streamlined production process
- Helios allows access to new orbits and the use of special/hazardous payloads, enabling missions that were previously impossible
- Missions can be tailored to customer specifications for every launch
- Fly what you need, when you need: no wait time incurred by ride-share or SmallSat launchers
We will launch Helios regularly to allow airline-like launch manifestation and to provide reliable ROI on customer missions. Our advantage over SmallSat launch vehicles is clear: having a launch scheduled just for you gives you all the advantage of owning the primary payload at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. By request, we can deliver the nanosatellite into polar and highly eccentric orbits, or interplanetary trajectories.
The Helios vehicle is derived from technology developed on the Trailblazer rocket, which includes our proprietary high-density propellant combination, heritage composite tanks, and the low cost, highly reliable engine architecture. Our unique approach to vehicle design allow us to employ standard manufacturing processes that have been proven in the automotive and aerospace industries.
Launch vehicle specifications
|  Total vehicle mass  ||  1820kg  |
|  Height  ||  9.1m  |
|  Diameter  ||  0.80m  |
|  Fuel  ||   Proprietary storable hypergolic propellants
Solid third stage
|  First stage thrust  ||  30kN  |
|  Second stage thrust  ||  9.5kN  |
|  Third stage thrust  ||  2kN  |
|  Payload capacity to 400km circular orbit  ||  14kg  |